Fireworks are prohibited unless you have prior written permission from the municipality as described in the Community Standards Bylaw.
If you plan on celebrating on any of the upcoming long weekends with an amateur fireworks display, you require a permit. You can apply for your permit or obtain a permit by contacting the Town of Gibbons. Vendors wishing to sell low hazard fireworks can also contact the Town of Gibbons at 780-923-3331 to obtain required information on becoming an approved vendor.
Fireworks Safety Tips:
- Get your permit;
- Don’t let children play with fireworks;
- Steer clear of others — fireworks have been known to backfire or shoot off in the wrong direction;
- Always use fireworks outside and have a bucket of water and a hose nearby;
- Light one firework at a time;
- Soak all fireworks in a bucket of water before throwing them in the trash can.